Birth Doula Basic Package
Initial meeting includes a free consultation to review services and contract.
- 2 prenatal home visits; can include hospital tour
- provide handouts, informational materials
- help give an overview of labor and birth
- comfort measures and strategy planning for birth
- phone/e-mail consultation to discuss pregnancy progress and concerns
24 hr on-call availability
- From 36th week to delivery
- Call when you think you are in labor
- Available at any hour to meet you once you are in labor and need me
Support Throughout Labor and Birth
- provide support in early to active labor
- labor support at home, birthing center, or hospital
- suggestions for activities or positions to help labor progress
- support for client’s partner
- help with breathing and relaxation techniques
- birthing ball, aromatherapy and crystal therapy
- help make client’s environment feel safe
- staying by birthing parent’s side throughout the entire labor and delivery process
Immediate Postpartum Support
- staying with you for up to 2 hours following birth to make sure you are stable and secure
- help with initial feeding if desired
- 1 postpartum visit within a week or so to review birth experience and assist with any lingering doubts
- list of referrals as needed
Cost: I offer services on a sliding scale depending on location.
For metropolitan areas Los Angeles, San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area: $2,000.00 to $2,500.00
For El Paso, Texas and Las Cruces, New Mexico the sliding scale is $800.00 to $1,600.00
50% as a deposit to reserve the month you are due, and paid in full by 36 weeks.
Additional Services Package:
PRENATAL MASSAGE $115 PER SESSION (regularly priced at $125)
PLACENTA PREPARATION, CAPSULES, TINCTURE, PRINT $300 (regularly priced at $375)
POSTPARTUM CARE FOR CLIENT, TEA, SOUP, BATH $400 PLUS SUPPLIES (regularly priced at $500)
El Paso Pricing for additional services:
Prenatal Massage $100
- Capsules $100
- Tincture $50
- Print $25
Postpartum Care for client Tea, Soup, and Bath plus supplies $350
We could not have chosen a better person to help guide us on our journey to parenthood! From the beginning, Pati educated me and my husband on how I could achieve the natural birth that I desired. From nutrition tips to advice on how to prepare my body physically, Pati was always committed to my well being before, during, and after labor. She even went with me to one of my OBGYN appointments to meet my doctor!
When I went into labor, Pati came over to my house for a few hours and her relaxed and calm nature made everything so pleasant and low key. At the hospital I ended up having to be induced. I appreciated Pati’s sense of humor and support during the longest part of my labor. At the transition stage of active labor, if Pati didn’t encourage me to get out of bed I would have never been able to deliver my baby naturally and pain free! After delivery, Pati stayed with us for a few more hours to make sure we were doing fine and to check in on the baby.
A week later she came over to our house and delivered my placenta pills, which helped tremendously in the weeks that followed. These magical placenta pills were the only additional supplement I was taking (aside from my postnatal vitamin) during the months after I delivered.
Our journey to parenthood has been a delightful one, thanks largely in part to Pati. She helped to demystify all the common assumptions about childbirth and pregnancy, and allowed me and my husband to empower ourselves through this knowledge (labor does not hurt!). The most important thing a woman needs is a strong and positive support system before, during, and after labor. Pati was there for us and we look forward to working with her again in the future.
-M.N & T.C
we loved working with Pati as our doula for our pregnancy and birth! she is amazing, a magical fairy that brings a smile to every session…that said, she is also really REAL. she will tell you how things are without “pelos en la lengua”. we appreciated her honesty because being our first pregnancy we needed to know what was up, why, and how we can help me have a healthy labor and birth. Pati is as gentle as a baby cub and firm as a momma lioness. her directives and softness during my labor were crucial in my navigating/surrendering to the waves of intense contractions. and best of all, she is a Queer doula- this was so important to us. i find that her calling to aid in the labor of bringing babies into this world fits her perfectly as a 2-spirit person.
-Guadalupe & Delia